New post at Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary
Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary seeks to appoint an
Are you a seasoned leader with a passion for animal welfare and a drive for operational excellence?
Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary is seeking an experienced Executive Manager (EM) to join our dedicated team.
Location: Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary just outside McGregor, Western Cape
Reports to: Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary (EDS) Board
Work Model: Full-time, with the potential for flexible work arrangements.
About Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary: We are committed to creating a culture of compassion and care, and we're looking for a dynamic Executive Manager to lead our team. EDS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Collaborate with the executive managers (Exco) to enhance day-to-day operations.
- Develop and implement strategic plans in conjunction with Exco for Board approval.
- Evaluate and enhance organizational effectiveness through process improvement, team oversight and innovative approaches.
- Uphold standards of excellence in all operations.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth through partnership development and advocacy for donkey welfare.
- Provide guidance and feedback to strengthen staff knowledge and skills.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, risk management and governance standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of training and work experience in business management or non-profit management.
- Previous experience in a similar leadership position and/or in the animal welfare sector, particularly with donkey welfare and equids, is advantageous.
- Proven track record in building and leading successful teams and holding staff accountable.
- Strong decision-making abilities and excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain financial plans.
- Expertise in motivating and leading a diverse group of staff.
- Ability to cultivate trust with EDS staff, Board, suppliers and relevant organizations.
If you're a visionary leader with a heart for donkeys and a drive for operational efficiency, we invite you to join us in our mission. Apply now to be part of the EDS family and make a difference in the lives of these incredible animals, while enjoying the peaceful living in McGregor, a charming village nestled at the foot of the Sonderend Mountains in the Western Cape.